WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT
LAW OFFICES OF MICHAEL D. STEWART
In Florida, there are numerous opportunities to take a cruise for a vacation. If you are injured on a cruise ship there are a number of things you should immediately do:
1. Obtain medical help on the ship and if necessary, after leaving the ship.
2. Report the incident to ship security, and retain a copy of your report.
3. Obtain an experienced Cruise Ship Accident attorney to assist you in reserving and filing your claims.
4. Obtain the names of any witnesses and crew and demand all documents generated in connection with the cruise ship injury. Obtain witness statements concerning the events leading up to and concluding with the injury. Also, obtain statement of witnesses concerning actions taken by the cruise ship staff.
5. Obtain photographic evidence of the scene of the injury. Later obtain photographic evidence of any subsequent remedial measures taken to clean up the scene of the injury.
6. Have your lawyer send in your written claim of notice of intent to file suit within the applicable statute of limitations.
7. Obtain any necessary expert witnesses concerning the injury.
The Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart